Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thinking of purchasing Time Capsule.... Can I access my documents saved on (Home Network) Time Capsule from another Network??? For instance, I can access my documents saved on MyBookLive (which is connected to my wifi) from ANY wifi connection...

Thinking of purchasing Time Capsule.... Can I access my documents saved on (Home Network) Time Capsule from another Network??? For instance, I can access my documents saved on MyBookLive (which is connected to my wifi) from ANY wifi connection... Like when I'm at school I can download documents stored on my MyBookLive at home.... I love this feature... But I would prefer to keep my products apple... So my question is can I access my documents from ANYWHERE with Time Capsule???

Other products I have: MacBook (2009 limited edition it's aluminum) two iPad2 (2012) iPhone 5 (2012) two iphone4 iPod touch (2010) iPod Nano (2011)

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 9:13 PM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2013 10:07 PM in response to Karation

Remote access to TC is allowed by BTMM and iCloud service.

Not for ipad or iphone.. only the Macbook although I think people have some work arounds..

NOTE. Your school firewall should block it. If I was still working in network admin I would. ie you are risking the whole network to get access to files unchecked for viruses.. and please don't just say Macs don't get viruses, you can still be the source of the infection even if you don't suffer the disease. Just a carrier.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3486

Thinking of purchasing Time Capsule.... Can I access my documents saved on (Home Network) Time Capsule from another Network??? For instance, I can access my documents saved on MyBookLive (which is connected to my wifi) from ANY wifi connection...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.