Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 won't play any sounds after charging overnight.

Switching the mute button back and forth does not make any difference. It will not play music or videos either. When I hit play on music or videos it will automatically pause straight away. No apps at all will make any noise. It requires a restart to correct the issue. It doesn't happen every time the phone is charged. It's happened twice since I got the phone 2 weeks ago. Software is up to date.

If it makes any difference, I have had the lastest version (v1.8.0) iHandy Alarm Clock app running both times this has happened.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 11:49 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2013 3:16 PM in response to mbucat

Have the same exact thing happening on my iPhone 5 AND I have been using the same app. Kinda crazy! Missed my alarm clock this morning and didn't get a bunch of texts on my way home from work. Sound works just fine for a while and all of the sudden stops working. I have a hard time believing it's the app, but I really have no idea. I was just about to take it in thinking it was the phone, but I'm going to not use the app for a while and see what happens.

Jan 29, 2013 12:22 AM in response to rossaNL

Over the weekend my phone did it again, but I wasn't using the alarm app. The problem was slightly different this time though. It would play music and videos, but no sound would be played no matter what. Also, this time a simple re-start did not solve the problem. I ended up doing a complete factory reset and restore of the phone and it still didn't fix the problem. I figured I would have to take it in to get it replaced.

But then the next day on the way to work I plugged in my headphones to test it once more and it started working fine. Worked once I removed the headphones as well. So i figure there is a problem with the headphone connection sensor. I will still take the phone to apple to get it replaced.

Jan 28, 2014 10:12 PM in response to mbucat

I just began to have the same problem. Similar to you, I had downloaded that app two days ago, noticed my sound wasn't playing last night. Sound works when I have headphones in, and when they are out I change the volume and it says that the headphone volume is changing. Have since deleted the app, restarted multiple times to no avail.

Iphone 5 won't play any sounds after charging overnight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.