Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple iTunes account for one user and 90 day restriction.

I have two iTunes account, one with @live.com email address that is tied to iTunes store in Japan (with Japanease address associated with my relatives living in Japan), and one with @gmail.com email address that is tied to my main iTunes account for United States (since I live in the US) as well as iTunes match, and iCloud.

I want to re-download some of the music purchased with my @live.com account, but problem is, when I click download button, it states that my MacBook Pro is associated with my main iTunes account (one with @gmail.com) and that if I transfer the authorisation, I will not be able to associate with my @gmail.com address for 3 months. From what I have heard, this includes iTunes match, and music redownloads.

Is there any way Apple can remove the 90 day block, since I am legimiate owner of two accounts? Or should I install iTunes on my VMWare Fusion with Windows 7, and associate that with my Japanease iTunes account.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 2:34 AM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2013 10:26 AM in response to Kento Ito

Is there any way Apple can remove the 90 day block, since I am legimiate owner of two accounts?

Kento,

I am afraid that your approach will not be viewed as legitimate. The Terms and Conditions of the iTunes Japan Store state:

"The iTunes Service is available to you only in Japan, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. iTunes may use technologies to verify your compliance."

The accepted way to do what you are doing is to have a single account, and change the country according to where you physically are.

Multiple iTunes account for one user and 90 day restriction.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.