Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Building Raid0 with Windows &Linux

So basically I've a MacBook Pro 17' late 2011.

I've got the basic 750GB 7200rpm HDD and a combo drive.

I want to remove the combo drive as I never ever used DVD in it and put another 750GB HDD into it.

It would be the best if I can use the RAID0 under OSX and both Windows and Linux.

I would like to setup a three partition drive under RAID0.

I would like to use the performance increase of raid0 under windows and linux aswell.

I know there is only software raid available in OSX, which maybe means I can only use it under OSX?

I've had a PC where I had hardware RAID0 and used it under windows and linux.

Can I have any advice about this? Is there any nice guide how to set it up?

If its not possible, I think it is still possible to use the 2x750GB and only use like 200-300GB as RAID0 and the rest as a normal partition and install the other OSs on the normal ones, without having the nice speed up of RAID0

I am running the latest OSX, got a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and the linux would be Arch.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 2:31 AM

Well you are really on the Apple Macbook Pro User to User hardware forum and what you are asking about has nothing to do with MBP hardware.

Although you may get some responses to your question there are certainly better resources on the net for the question you asked.

I have never done what you are asking but IMHO it is not possible. But hey what do I know?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2013 2:31 AM in response to mazsi1911

Well you are really on the Apple Macbook Pro User to User hardware forum and what you are asking about has nothing to do with MBP hardware.

Although you may get some responses to your question there are certainly better resources on the net for the question you asked.

I have never done what you are asking but IMHO it is not possible. But hey what do I know?

Building Raid0 with Windows &Linux

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.