Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness/Flickering problem with left hand side of 2011 iMac display

Hi,

My 2011 iMac has recently developed a fault with the left hand side of the display flickering and being very dark. I've googled this and found that many other people seem to have this issue. As per other forum posts, if I apply a little pressure to the bottom left of the screen then this temporarily resolves itself, but this is obviously not a permanent solution.

I'm not happy as my £1500 iMac is only 18 months old, and I've been told from an authorised apple repair centre, that it's going to cost £600 to fix.

I've spent the best part of an hour trying to call apple to speak to a human being, but the automated voice menu wants to charge me £35 before even putting me through. Does anyone have a phone number which would allow me to speak to a real person so I can make a complaint?

Paul.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 5:22 AM

4 replies

Jan 25, 2013 5:56 AM in response to ptumelty

Sounds like it will be an international call (and sounds like you have all the local numbers), but you might try calling Cupertino and then ask for customer support

408-996-1010

Unless there were some repair program for this issue, if it's out of warranty, I doubt you'll get very far with it.

Brightness/Flickering problem with left hand side of 2011 iMac display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.