Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T iPhone 4 unlock without the original AT&T sim: possible?

Hi,

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 that is eligible to unlock via the code they send you via email. However, my iPhone does not have the AT&T sim card it was originally equipped with, no will I be able to get it back. I already restored the phone (via the phone's "reset all settings and content" option in the settings app) and now I'm running into a problem where I can't get past the activation screen in the iPhone set up with (or without) my new European sim card. I'm worried that the AT&T unlock will now become impossible.

The phone was never hacked, previously unlocked or jailbroken.

Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this?

Please, any help will be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Never jailbroken or unlocked

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 6:49 AM

13 replies

Jan 25, 2013 7:21 AM in response to KiltedTim

Yes, the message telling me to "insert a valid SIM card from a supported carrier" already appeared, but when I put the european SIM card in it still didnt work, so I tried taking it out and putting it back in and that's the message that appeared.

The original purchaser of this phone is my boyfriend, but he is also the one who took the AT&T sim card out and requested the unlock via AT&T.

wJosten - that's a good idea, I will do that, thank you

AT&T iPhone 4 unlock without the original AT&T sim: possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.