Tracks with short playtimes (<=10s) aren'… - Apple Community

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks with short playtimes (<=10s) aren't updating playcount or last played info in iTunes.

Tracks with short playtimes (<10s) aren't updating playcount or last played info in iTunes.

I noticed this first with The Muppets (Original Soundtrack) which is full of short skits and one liners between songs, but confirmed it for similarly short tracks (like ringtones).

Is there any setting I can change to fix this in iTunes 11 (I just ran software update , or is this a bug.

TO BE CLEAR: This is a different issue from average length tracks not updating play count or play date, which seems to be solved by disabling/enabling crossfade.

Editorial: I have two major smart playlists and a number of minor ones (like I'm sure a lot of people do) that help me make sure I'm appreciating the full richness of my library. The first lists all tracks I haven't played in the last 6 months and the second lists all tracks I haven't listened to at least 5 times. My library is approaching 40GB and 5500 songs. Not that big, really, but big enough that smart playlists using all of the metadata in id tags and iTunes db are essential to finding and sorting it efficiently. I find it very upsetting, disrespectful, and un-Apple-like that iTunes 11 was released with such massive bugs affecting these features.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 7:32 AM

There are no replies.

Tracks with short playtimes (<=10s) aren't updating playcount or last played info in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.