Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto on macbook air glithes when trying to edit.

when i go onto iphoto and select a photo and then click edit everything pixelates and glithes aswell as frezzes what can i do to fix it?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:25 AM

17 replies

Jan 25, 2013 12:36 PM in response to jack.i

Remember: we cannot see your machine. There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 8 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Basic things like :

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Jan 26, 2013 11:23 AM in response to Yer_Man

okay the version is the newest 11 9.4.2 im on the newest osx 10.8.2 there are no error messages i have tried holding alt and command bu that just comes up with options photo library first aid and has 4 options to rebuild or repair and i ahve tried all of them but it just keeps on glithcing and pixelates also it as been going on since i got the mac i think which is only a few days. Please help me!

Jan 26, 2013 11:49 AM in response to jack.i

You can call Apple care and get help

As a test You can depress the option key and launch iPhoto and create a new library - import a few photos into it and see if the problem occurs in the new library - this will verify the software

If the problem recurs there create a new account and create a new library there and import a few photos and see if the porblem occures in a new account

LN

Jan 26, 2013 12:19 PM in response to jack.i

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store to have the machine tested.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

iphoto on macbook air glithes when trying to edit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.