Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i prevent iPads from editing Number sheets

I need to set up a standard template checklist from my mac to distribute to Ipad users and avoid them editing certain areas of hte sheet.

Basically they will need to only be able to check boxes, enter text and add a signature... any hint? Many thanks in advance!

iPad

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 7:57 AM

3 replies

Jan 25, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Valered76

You can lock tables to keep them from being edited or moved. You cannot lock/unlock individual cells in a table. So, you can put in one table all the things you want to protect and put in another table all the cells that require data entry. That kind of solves the problem but the user can still delete, move, or otherwise mess with the unprotected table in ways you wouldn't want them to.

The iPad version of Numbers also has a feature called Forms. You create a data table (which you can lock) and a form for the data entry. This may be closer to what you are looking for.

http://macmost.com/creating-forms-in-ipad-numbers.html

I don't know how you plan on adding a signature block to your document

Apr 30, 2014 9:47 AM in response to Valered76

I want to second Badunit's suggestion of forms. Any formulas on the table that the form refers to are non-editable and you could arrange the table so the input rows are at the top.

My experience with locked tables on an iPod is that they can be unlocked anywhere but only locked on the Mac. If you trust your users not to mess with things it will protect from accidents if they find their way to your data table.

quinn

how can i prevent iPads from editing Number sheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.