Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

e-mails on all devices without iCloud?

In order to receive e-mails on my iPhone, computer AND iPad mini, do I HAVE to use the cloud? Before iPad was set up for e-mail, I was getting all incoming mail on both my iPhone and computer. I didn't mind having to delete in 2 places.

Now, I just noticed that when I get an e-mail on the iPad, I don't get it anywhere else. I've lost more e-mails than I even know this way. I have no desire to use the icloud.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

iPad, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:31 AM

9 replies

Jan 25, 2013 9:22 AM in response to etresoft

I think I asked this in the wrong section - should have gone under iPad. Still, thanks for the reply.

I did actually set it up directly on the iPad under "yahoo", becasue that's who bellsouth.net uses for their server. Everything seems to be working fine, except that if I open the e-mails on the iPad first, I never see them anywhere else. Supposedly I have it set up for all e-mails to stay on server until deleted. It works for two computers and iPhone, just not the iPad.

Jan 25, 2013 11:11 AM in response to etresoft

They are def not there. I had a friend e-mail me a few tests. If I open it on the iPad, it doesn't show up anywhere else. But if I first open it from Computer or iPhone, then it still shows up on the iPad.

I did find this: I wonder if I want the iPad set to POP??

IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol):

When you set up Yahoo! Mail using the mail client on your mobile device, it automatically uses IMAP servers to sync your phone's mail client to your Yahoo! Mail account. This means the emails are retrieved on the device and remain within your Yahoo! Mail account. Both (webmail and device) will mirror each other. What this means is that if a message is deleted from your phone, the message will also be deleted from your account. Likewise, when changes are made in your Yahoo! Mail account, the changes will be reflected on your device. IMAP servers sync your device and account constantly, so they are the same.

e-mails on all devices without iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.