Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to rename files ?

I just finished a large project, that is a combo of many projects. I am trying to duplicte each project with the used clips only.

All of ths went well except for one of th eprojects. I get the warning that says 2 or more of the files have the smae name.

After looking into this I think the issue is with voice overs. Some went to one event some went to another, when they get combined into the new event some have the same name, like "voiceover 1".

Two questions.

1) Is there a way to see which files have the same name ?

2) Where do I rename the files ? I have tried doing it in the inspector, in the projects list of files used aand the events themselves. Nowhere did I get the name to change in all locations. It seems FCPX is locked into the original name that was created when the file went into the event.

Any insight would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Aperture, FCP X,

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:49 AM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2013 10:16 AM in response to BenB

BenB,

Thank you for replying.

I tried changing the name in the event Event Browser. The change is reflected in the inspector, but not in the list of clips used in the timeline window.

If I try to drag that renamed clip to the event with the bulk of the files I get the message that this operation can not be completed because 2 or more files are named the smae. So this tells me I have one of the offending clips.

Do I need to do something different.

Where to rename files ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.