Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiki Server will not play embedded MP3 files in Windows Browsers

I have a brand new cleanly installed OS X Server running on a Fall 2012 Mac Mini. I have created a Wiki where I am uploading .mp3 recordings of classes for people to listen to online or download.

I can access the wiki and "quicklook" the MP3s in Safari on a Mac and iPad but I cannot on any Windows based web browser or in Chrome on my iPad or Mac. In Chrome on windows or an iPad the Quicklook preview window appears but no sound ever plays. In Firefox on Windows the preview window appears and plays a few seconds of audio and then stops.

I have mutliple wikis like this set up on Snow Leopard Server and they work just fine in all browsers. This appears to be a bug with OS X Server 10.8 v.2.2.

Any suggestions or does anyone know if there will be a fix for this anytime soon?

Between this issue, the fact that I cannot successfully migrate my old wikis from Snow Leopard Server to Mountain Lion Server, and the fact that I cannot run Snow Leopard Server on newer Mac hardware, Apple seems to be wanting me to jump ship and abandon their platform.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 11:42 AM

1 reply

Wiki Server will not play embedded MP3 files in Windows Browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.