Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 home screen not working - brand new iPad

I bought an iPad 2 yesterday to gift to my mother on 26th jan for her birthday, but unfortunately the home key is not working... I need urgent help to sort this... Not an apple moment with the brand new device... I feel so let down !

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 1:43 PM

11 replies

Jan 26, 2013 2:35 AM in response to Texas Mac Man

So far terrible experience, went to the service centre and was told to speak to customer care, spoke to customer care at 18004250744 and was promised to cOme back with the resolution today, spoke again to apple support and was told that the product bought less than 24 hrs is out of warranty... Talk about empathising with customer and look at the audacity... I have been told to submit copy of bill to prove its bought recently... Terrible support so at !!! My experience with apple support has finally taught me not to trust the co and apple brand blindly henceforth... Lokesh Jain

Reference no. 404688009

New delhi

Jan 26, 2013 6:23 AM in response to Ginz.jain

All Apple products have a one year warranty from date of purchase.

What's more your purchase information is stored electronically.

I don't know what those guys in New Delhi think they're pulling but what you've described crosses into scam territory.

Submit a copy of the bill but hop on line an email Apple support as well.

Service centers that pull stuff like that can find themselves "unauthorized" .

Let Cupertino terrorize them into good behavior.

Jan 26, 2013 8:16 AM in response to Pamela Gadsden

I have already escalated the issue to apple india and apple apac with the unfriendly customer response so far... Already Submitted them documentary evidence but they killed my whole day and the moment to be... I made special effort to surprise my mother and fly from new delhi to Mumbai specially to gift her and educate how to use the iPad 2.

What ended up was series of call and mails to apple... Apple unfriendly attitude and defective product has left a lasting impression in my mind that even número UNO do make mistakes... And what worse it can go to...

Not an apple moment ....

Still Aggrieved

Lokesh jain

Jan 28, 2013 10:00 AM in response to Ginz.jain

Unbelievable and shocking experience so far... No one from apple support despite repeated calls and promises have made any attempt to resolve my query by selling a brand new faulty non working iPad 2.

Can't believe they have got so engrossed in money making that they have forgotten the customer service dept.

4 days and counting... Ruined the complete memory and now they only promise to resolve with no follow up... Made repeated attempts to even service support centres with NO JOY !!!

Lokesh

<Edited By Host>

Jan 30, 2013 11:49 PM in response to Michael Morgan1

I see no reason to raise issue out of nothing and making sure the other users do no go through the same high handedness of a giant company with unscrupulous practice the support of staff is executing

Based on apples policy to have a one year warranty from date of purchase, they themesleves are not honouring their own commitement.

After submitting them copy of the bill from a reputed store, they have come back with the feedback:

Product Serial Number(s): DMPGDT9KDFHY

Case ID: 404688009

"Thank you for sending documentation regarding your Apple product/warranty.

The documentation you sent, however, is not sufficient for us to process the request.

For further assistance with this issue, please call AppleCare Agreement Administration and provide them with the case number above. "

I wonder what else do they need apart of bill in form of proof of purchase !!!

1 week and Apple support staff is passing a buck from support centre to e-mail and back to store from where the unit is bought !!

May 24, 2013 2:26 PM in response to Ginz.jain

Ginz.jain

I'm going through the same problem, including the text that was sent to you is the same, see:

"Thank you for sending documentation Regarding your Apple product / warranty.

The documentation you sent, However, is not sufficient for us to process the request.

For Further assistance with this issue, please call AppleCare Agreement Administration and Provide Them with the case number above. To find the phone number for your area please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57. "

Your problem has been solved?

Ipad 2 home screen not working - brand new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.