You need to tell much more to set us on track.
Movie from where and in what Video Codec
Imported into iDVD - How ?
Most common situation:
• If You made Your movie in iMovie'11
• Select it
• Share to Media Browser - AND AS LARGE or MEDIUM (HD and other resolutions will decrease the final DVD quality)
• in iDVD (You are sure You got it - as it's not delivered on NEW Macs any more)
• Import movie from Media Button (doen to the Right) and here from Movies
DO Not forget to set down BURN SPEED to x2 or x4 - to get best possibly DVD (in iDVD pref/Advance bottom - BEST is NOT BEST !)
• I use Verbatim
• I use DVD-R (as they play on older DVD-players too)
Yours Bengt W
Also follow this workflow to help ensure you get the best quality video DVD:
Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.
To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.
Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.