Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disk corruption

I have been having a lot of trouble with iMovie crashing and corrupting files. I have used the disk utility to verify my disk, found it corrupted, repaired it, found it still corrupted, repaired it again, ran for another few days, iMovie crashed several more times, verified my disk again today, found corruption, attempted to repair it, when the repair utility reported that the disk appears to be OK.

Things really are not ok with my machine. The problem no longer seems to be related to iMovie, since Rosetta Stone crashed today.

Any ideas for the best course of action?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 7:38 PM

2 replies

Jan 25, 2013 8:23 PM in response to LMM53

The boot drive is failing, or you have some other hardware fault.

Back up all data immediately, then make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store to have the machine tested.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to bare metal from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

disk corruption

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.