Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with MacBook Pro charger?

Hello,

I bought my MacBook Pro 15" in October 2009. I hardly ever take it out of my place. Senior Apple adviser told me, that the battery in my computer is factory calibrated, so bassically I treat my laptop as iMac. It's connected to the charger all the time. When I'm done using it, I either put it to sleep or shut it down. Two days ago I noticed: (Not Charging) by the icon of the battery. Apparently the charger stopped charging. It's MagSafe charger with T style connector. From what I've been reading in disscussion forum regarding charger issues, it looks like perhaps this charger needs to be replaced.

But the interesting part is, that the green led on the connector holds steady since (Not Charging) appeared two days ago, and also, the battery power dropped only to 94% and holds steady as well.

So this makes me wonder, is there something wrong with the charger, or is it something else?

My computer knowhow is limited, so any information or tip will be appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mid 2009

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 7:54 PM

1 reply

Issue with MacBook Pro charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.