Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent mail

I am using IMAP yahoo account on apple mail. When I send a mail from apple mail it is saved here but not when I login into my yahoo account in the internet. Again all the sent mails are not saved in my apple mail...pls some 1 help!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:18 AM

12 replies

Jan 26, 2013 4:43 AM in response to chetanmac

Unlike mail that you receive either to your browser based Yahoo access account or thru Apple "Mail" app, outgoing mail ("sent" mail) can only be recorded in the location that it was sent from. So, if you access your Yahoo account thru your browser and send an email from there, then your Apple "Mail" app has no way of knowing that that message was sent. The email never went thru Apple "Mail", so there can be no record of it there. Your system is functioning correctly, though admittedly, frustratingly.

Jan 27, 2013 8:42 AM in response to chetanmac

An IMAP account in the mail.app can certainly sync the Sent folder, regardless of where the mail is sent from. It works for my gmail and icloud accounts just fine, for example.

Be sure in Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts >> select account >> Mailbox Behaviours, that you have a checkmark beside 'store sent messages on the server'.

Jan 27, 2013 9:28 AM in response to Radiation Mac

Radiation Mac wrote:

Unlike mail that you receive either to your browser based Yahoo access account or thru Apple "Mail" app, outgoing mail ("sent" mail) can only be recorded in the location that it was sent from.

And of course that is untrue, in an Imap account that is working correctly the sent folder will sync to all devices (or should), the mail will (after a brief time) show in the sent box on all devices.

POP systems behave as you describe, Imap does not.

Jan 28, 2013 3:43 AM in response to chetanmac

chetanmac wrote:

Yes when I select on 'Use this mailbox for' there are 4 options- drafts, sent, trash, junk...but all are disabled...I cannot click on any1

Then I don't think you are selecting the right mailboxes. While mine are Gmail, I would imagine you would have something similar for Yahoo:

User uploaded file

With that Gmail "Drafts" folder selected, I can set it for use as the integrated "Drafts" folder for that Gmail account. If there is no folder down there for your Yahoo Sent, then it is another problem from what I described.

Sent mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.