Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Not changing to new apple Id

I had 2 apple ID. On my lap top it asked me which one do i want to use. I picked one but the other ID keeps coming up on my iPad and password does not work because it is a different id. How do I get I'd to change. It!s changed in my setting the problem is when I go to update my apps.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 2:23 AM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2013 11:05 AM in response to Gamma_atharvey

I was having the same problem the other day - the App Store kept prompting me to enter a password for my boyfriend's apple ID every time I attempted to download updates. I use his computer/iTunes to back-up and charge my iPad and I guess it stored his account info the last time I had it plugged in (??)

To fix:

-go into Settings,

-click on your Apple ID,

-select "Sign Out" from the pop-up menu (even if it shows that your correct apple ID is currently signed in, which was the case for me)

-go back to the App Store

-try downloading a new app (you can delete later) or click the Update button for existing apps

-a blank username/password form will pop-up, allowing you to enter the correct apple ID info

I hope this helps - Worked for me and haven't had any other issues since!

Ipad Not changing to new apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.