Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send an email with my AOL email address

I have just been trying out Mail in Mountain Lion. This is my first iMac.

Everytime I try to send an email from my AOL email account/details, I get the below window appearing:

Strange thing is I can receive email to this AOL email account, its just I cannot send from it.

Could anyone help me fix this issue please?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad (3rd Gen) 32GB iPhone 5 32GB

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 4:30 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2013 4:35 AM in response to tal1971

It sounds like your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) is not set up correctly. I would suggest ypu open Mail>Preferences>Accounts>go down to the line on the lower right of the window that says "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)>click on the drop down arrows at the right end of that line, and click on the "Edit SMTP Server List..."> in the following two available windows make sure all the settings are correct as to Port, Password, Server Name, etc. as stated by your ISP (in this case, AOL).

Cannot send an email with my AOL email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.