Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tccd process using over 1Gb RAM

I am recently having problems with getting out of free memory. I inspected processes in Activity Monitor and found that a tccd process is using over 1Gb (once almost 1.5Gb) RAM.

• What is the process responsible for?
  • Is it normal to use such high amount of memory?
  • How can I fix that?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 4Gb RAM

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:58 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2013 11:24 AM in response to Elijen

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window should open with a file selected. Move the selected file to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out, log back in, and test. If there's no change, put the file you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Then log out again. Otherwise, delete the file you moved.

Mar 16, 2014 6:51 AM in response to Elijen

I had the same problem. The tccd process took more and more of the memory.

The culprit however was a launchagent I had created. This launchagent watched a folder and was always kept alive.

The launchagents task was to run a shell script and was being called all the time.

I have no more tccd problem since I have changed this launchagent.

So if you have this problem, I advise to have a critical look at the launchagents or launchdaemons (~/Library/LaunchAgents/, /Library/LaunchAgents/ or /Library/LaunchDaemons/).

tccd process using over 1Gb RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.