Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" : LG display issues. Some help??

I have a MacBook Pro Retina 15 "mounting an LG Display. Currently it seems to work perfectly and shows no lack of ghosting of the image. But if from there to a year I'll have problems will Apple recognize them and would provide the repair warranty?

I mean, does Apple recognize the ghosting problem with LG displays?

Thank you for helping me!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:15 AM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2013 6:28 AM in response to ShadyBRO

No they do not. In fact just the opposite. Some with LG displays and ghosting have been told by Apple it is normal and all screens do it. When in fact they do not.

Buy Applecare extended warranty. Otherwise when your 1 year standard warranty runs out and you have any problems with that retina you might as well throw it away. The cost to fix that unit, should a problem of any type become apparent, will be close to buying a new unit. All the parts are either soldered to the logic, Mother, board or glued into the aluminum case parts. The few parts that aren't are the logic board itself, the WiFi/Bluetooth daughter card, the fans & heatsink system and the proprietary SSD that plugs into a socket on the logic board.

The screen is glued into the case lid and can not be changed without replacing the complete lid along with the WiFi/BT antennas, the web cam and of course the aluminum shell.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" : LG display issues. Some help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.