Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy and paste from the timeline

Is there a way to copy a clip that is on the timeline and then paste it into an existing clip, so as to replace that clip and not disturb the edit otherwise? I know I can do that by finding it in the bin, but it's an extra step I wondered if I could avoid.

Also, is there a way to delete a clip and not have the audio which is linked to it disappear too? In this case, the audio is not sync audio, it might be a sound effect which just happens to start on that clip, so right now, I slide the sound effect along so that it isn't attached to the clip and then I delete that clip and then I slide the sound effect back in sync. Would be nice if I could just delete the clip without taking anything with it.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 9:49 AM

Can't help with the first question…how that might be done without leaving the TL. Assume you mean the equivalent behavior of a replace from start (or end).

As for deleting an attached audio clip, the forward delete key will remove the selected video and replace with a gap – should not affect audio clip.

Good luck.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2013 9:49 AM in response to Cartoonguy

Can't help with the first question…how that might be done without leaving the TL. Assume you mean the equivalent behavior of a replace from start (or end).

As for deleting an attached audio clip, the forward delete key will remove the selected video and replace with a gap – should not affect audio clip.

Good luck.

Russ

Jan 26, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, you always come through. Great tips. Thank you so much. I didn't realise it was so easy to change the connection point on an audio clip and the keyboard shortcut to find the selected clip is great.

Russ, thank you for the tip about using the forward delete key. I had been using shift delete, but that's even easier!

While I have your attention, one more thing. My audio skim button cannot be turned on. Any idea why that is?

copy and paste from the timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.