Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to "Afro-Cuban upright piano" in Garageband?

When I purchased the new iMac, many of my software instruments (e.g., Afro-Cuban upright piano) disappeared from my Garageband instruments. Is there any way to get these back? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 7:31 AM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2013 8:06 AM in response to PagesFTW

Yes, I did previously download them (as part of one of the Jam Packs) and used them regularly on my older iMac. My understanding is that I needed to (now, with the new iMac and new version of GarageBand) also purchase MainStage, "Download Additional Content" (from the "MainStage" menu), and then add those items to the Loops in GarageBand. I've done that... but a lot of loops and software instruments which I once had are still missing.

I assumed all of those would be transferred to the new iMac when I set it up. All documents, etc. did transfer... but some of the GarageBand loops and software instruments are still missing.

Thanks.

Jan 26, 2013 8:21 AM in response to SeaKayaker

The Afro Cuban Piano is part of Jam Pack World Music.

I assumed all of those would be transferred to the new iMac when I set it up. All documents, etc. did transfer... but some of the GarageBand loops and software instruments are still missing.

Did you use Migration Assistant? Then probably your Instruments Library has not been copied properly, see Christoph Drösser's post:

Migration doesn't copy Instrument Library

To fix this, replace the complete Instruments Library by the corresponding folder from your old mac

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

To restore the missing loops I'd run Mainstage again and force the download of the JamPacks again.

The JamPacks are stored in /Library/Application Support/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple

If they are there, but you do not see them, I'd rebuils the Loop Index,

see: Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Regards

Léonie

What happened to "Afro-Cuban upright piano" in Garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.