Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is aperture so slowly

since 3 moth the aperture will not realy run.

it goes soooooo slowly and i can not work with this.

what goes wrong with apple???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 4GB 2.8 i7

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 8:03 AM

8 replies

Jan 26, 2013 8:41 AM in response to fabka

Hi. Your questions are much too general to be answered.

Please specify a problem. Include your OS and Aperture version numbers. Tell us what you have done, so far, to try to resolve the problem, and what the results have been.

If you do not communicate in English well, have someone who does translate your post. If no-one is available, you can try Google Translate (or equivalent).

As a start, you might try on a 4 GB machine running Aperture with no other applications open. Also, open the Activity window (in Aperture) and see if anything is reported there.

Good luck.

Jan 27, 2013 4:37 AM in response to fabka

To add to Kirby's questions - for there may so many different causes for slowness, and we need more clues to be able to help you.

How full is your hard drive? Do you at the very least have 10 GB of free disk space?

Where is your Aperture library loacated? On an internal disk or an external drive?

What did you do, three month ago, when the problem started? Upgrade Aperture? Installed other software? Import new projects?

Have you imported an iPhoto Library?

What is your current Aperture version? Have you upgraded to the latest Aperture 3.4.3?

Did Aperture crash recenty? If you experienced crashes, start by repairing your Aperture Library, see:

Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

Regards

Léonie

Jan 27, 2013 7:05 AM in response to fabka

When I upgraded to Lion I doubled the RAM to 8GB, and Aperture was running faster, but your screenshot shows that you still have plenty of free RAM, even if there are many page ins and page outs (Seiteneinlagerungen/Seitenauslagerungen).

I suspect a corruption of your Aperture Library. Does Aperture work well, when you create a new library (Ablage > Zur Mediathek wechseln > Andere/Neu) and import a few raws?

If Aperture is working well from a new library, try to repair your current Aperture library.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=27%26se ction=10%26tasks=true

Eine deutsche Fassung dieses Hilfetextes finden Sie im Hilfe-Zentrum

Hilfe-Menu > Aperture-Hilfe

und dann im Suchfeld eingeben: "Wiederherstellen und Neuerstellen Ihrer Aperture-Mediathek"

Regards

Léonie

why is aperture so slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.