Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would quitting bootcamp while it is deleting the partition damage my hard drive?

Due to some complications, I had to eject the Windows 7 disk during the bootcamp installation. I couldn't figure out how to start the installation up again with the partition I made so I decided to delete that which I tried to do through bootcamp, since the only option it gave me was remove windows. So I pressed it and followed the procedure and I think it was mostly because I had the windows 7 disk in while it was going but after an hour of it just saying "partitioning disk with no signification for how much longer, I thought there must be something wrong so I ejected the disk and waited another hour. It's still going and I would like to stop it and do it through disk utility ( which most people seem to think is the way to go ). Since there's no stop button, should I quit the application while its partitioning? Just wondering if there are any potential risks from quitting the application.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 10:53 AM

All you can do now is shut down the computer by pressing and holding down the Power button for 5-10 seconds until it shuts down. At this point there is no telling what state the hard drive is in until you try to reboot the computer.

One thing you should never do on a computer is something you don't know the consequences of doing. Always ask first. Asking after the fact is not nearly as useful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2013 10:53 AM in response to ML321

All you can do now is shut down the computer by pressing and holding down the Power button for 5-10 seconds until it shuts down. At this point there is no telling what state the hard drive is in until you try to reboot the computer.

One thing you should never do on a computer is something you don't know the consequences of doing. Always ask first. Asking after the fact is not nearly as useful.

Would quitting bootcamp while it is deleting the partition damage my hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.