Stunning photos, btw!
So, you are syncing the originals (as returned by Photoshop) which are .tiff. I will have to think about that, but I have never synced via iTunes to an iPad, so not sure how original plays into that. Have you tested any of these, having first flattening the image before it leaves Photoshop to be saved in the Aperture Library?
Yeah, i tried flattening those images, doesn't help. Thats a really crazy problem.
I could fix it... but thats insane.
the fast one
1) drag&drop the "bad" from Aperture to the desktop or where ever... (just drag&drop it, no duplicate action or so! attention: changed images with aperture are exported as JPEG, thats bad!)
2) drag&drop the image from it's new place (desktop or so) inside Aperture
3) delete the old "bad" image
...the long one ;-) - if u made any changes with Aperture to the photo
1) edit the original (RAW) inside Photoshop (generates a copy of the RAW as TIFF inside Aperture)
2) open the "bad" image inside Photoshop
3) copy the "bad" image to the new one
5) copy the metadata from the bad image to the new
But thats a really bad solution! Why does this happen?!