Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display has a green tint that goes in and out. Why?

For the last few days whenever I was on the Internet, especially a moving graphic page, a green tint would appear on the screen. It would stay for a few seconds and then disappear. Now the green tint won't go away. on or off the Internet. I took my computer to the apple store, but they are too busy to see me for a week. Any suggestions as to what is wrong and how I might be able to fix it myself? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 11:26 AM

2 replies

Jan 26, 2013 11:56 AM in response to FlTrvlBug218

Any suggestions as to what is wrong and how I might be able to fix it myself?

I would not recommend if you have Apple Care. Give them a call and make sure you get a case number.

Does your model Macbook Pro fit qualify?

MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues. The affected computers were manufactured between approximately May 2007 and September 2008.

MacBook Pro (Early 2008): Dark bands showing intermittently on built-in display

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010): Intermittent black screen or loss of video. Affected computers were manufactured between April 2010 and February 2011.

User uploaded file

Display has a green tint that goes in and out. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.