Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run sony Vegas pro 8.0 on a macbook or macbook pro?

I'm thinking about buying my first mac book, but I need to know if I can run sony. I have read things about the bootcamp program, but I don't understand fully. I use Sony to edit videos, amvs, mmv, meps, ect. Can I use sony on a mac without getting any viruses?

I recently bought a laptop, but it ended up being a lemon. Ive had to take it back to best buy over 5 times now for issues. Which is why I'm looking for a new laptop.

I know Sony is a program normally ran on windows, so will running it on the macbook make it open to viruses?

I want the mac to stay away from viruses, ect.

I use kapersky anti virus right now. Is it recommended to put a virus protection on the mac?

Does anyone use Sony on their macbook and have any advice for me?

I'd love any advice you can offer me!

Please help!

Thank you all very much!

MacBook, Sony vegas

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:21 PM

The Sony Vegas application will more than likely run on a Mac under BootCamp. When you're running windows on a Mac that partition is as prone to virus as any other windows machine. If you're going to run windows you should definately run virus protection on the windows partition. Virus protection for the Mac partition is not necessary but there are a few free applications that some folks run just to be safe. Here's some info on BootCamp

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2013 3:21 PM in response to xAloisTrancy

The Sony Vegas application will more than likely run on a Mac under BootCamp. When you're running windows on a Mac that partition is as prone to virus as any other windows machine. If you're going to run windows you should definately run virus protection on the windows partition. Virus protection for the Mac partition is not necessary but there are a few free applications that some folks run just to be safe. Here's some info on BootCamp

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

Can I run sony Vegas pro 8.0 on a macbook or macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.