Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect Macbook Pro Mid 2009 to LCD TV

I want to connect so that I can watch HD 1080p video from my mac to my TV, with sound (which I added to the request because I heard it isn't possible?).

Here's spec of machine:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.48f2

Thanks,

John

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 12:29 PM

7 replies

Apr 13, 2014 11:57 AM in response to Jonnyp2010

Hi,

I got this working a little while ago, but there was this terrible hiss coming through the TV's speakers. I'd try to get rid of it by lowering the volume but you have to lower it to near silence before it disappears.

Now I can't even get the sound to work and I've tried every port with the Red and White wires connected to my mac.

The R+W wire was quite cheap (about £3), would that make any difference?

And why won't it work at all now? Ive tried plugging them in while the movies playing and when it begins but nothing.

Thanks,

John.

Apr 19, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Jonnyp2010

Hi,

Finally worked it out, for my Samsung LCD TV it's MDP to HDMI 2 (via converter) and the RCA ports are right next to it.

I got it working once before a long time ago but the sound was terrible (and I forgot how I did it), so this time I weighed out for some 'shielded' RCA cables that are more robust and have all metal connection parts.

This time the sound is brilliant.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, so happy I've finally got it working it was really starting to p£ss me off!

Ta,

John.

How to connect Macbook Pro Mid 2009 to LCD TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.