Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in headphones mode

My iPhone is stuck in headphones mode. Removing and replacing the headphones is not working.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 12:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2014 5:38 PM in response to Rudegar

I tried all the suggested fixes I found on here and nothing worked except the audio selection no longer said headphones. Tried sucking, blowing, resetting, everything. Followed your link and tried the toothpick trick suggested there. It worked! I opened the music app and hit play. Then I inserted a clean dry toothpick into the headphone port until it touched bottom, and then made a circle, touching the sides inside the port. Took it out and pushed the volume button and it said mute, (even tho I turned it up to max volume before I did this trick) so I hit volume up and had my sound back! Maybe the sensors get unpolorized or something?

Jan 1, 2015 6:37 PM in response to Bearun

easy fix here. I have a new iPhone 6 and had the same issue with the phone stuck on headphones. I couldn't talk to anyone or hear anyone with the handset. Again, stuck like I had headphones. To fix , switch your phone to silent then lock your phone. Then unlock your phone and switch your phone from silent to ringer with the hardware switch. If u change volume it will show ringer volume moving. Make a call and adjust volume and you will see that's it's fixed. If you plug head phones in again then know that youight have to do this again. Def a bug. I run 8.2.1

kudos

Christian

IT System Engineer

Jan 1, 2015 6:38 PM in response to Jafal

easy fix here. I have a new iPhone 6 and had the same issue with the phone stuck on headphones. I couldn't talk to anyone or hear anyone with the handset. Again, stuck like I had headphones. To fix , switch your phone to silent then lock your phone. Then unlock your phone and switch your phone from silent to ringer with the hardware switch. If u change volume it will show ringer volume moving. Make a call and adjust volume and you will see that's it's fixed. If you plug head phones in again then know that youight have to do this again. Def a bug. I run 8.2.1

Probably this fix will work the same for all iPhones

kudos

Christian

IT System Engineer

iPhone stuck in headphones mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.