Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applying rules (I goofed)

Hi all,

I'm running Tiger, 10.4.11, with Mail Version 2.1.3 (753.1). I don't use rules very often, so I'm not very good at it. Today I went to add a rule to change the color of a specific persons incoming E-mails to yellow. I thought I did it correctly, it asked if I wanted to apply the rules to my in-box. I assumed it would then find and apply the color to the E-mails that I've already read from that person. I don't know what I did wrong, but now ALL of my E-mails are yellow. I opened my rules folder and there is not a rule in there stating that everything should be yellow. I've now changed the color of the E-mails from the person that I wanted to high-light to another color, and it works fine, but all of my incoming E-mails are still yellow. Can someone tell me how to get the mail system back to normal?

I use this forum from time to time and you guys are great. I know it must be an obvious fix, but since I don't use them that often, I'm lost. Please help...

cheers,

Jack

FCE4 HD-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Hi Jack,

I think you'll have to start over with a Rule to set them all to white or no color, apply that Rule, then apply the new good one you made.

2 replies

Applying rules (I goofed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.