Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 crashes when waking up

Since I upgraded to iTunes 11, it crashes every time my MacBook Air wakes up. It's caused by Airplay which can't reconnect to the external speaker.

When I open my computer, iTunes says "Connecting to [speaker name]" but it never connects. Tapping the Stop button doesn't work, and I can't change speakers or even switch back to the computer. I have to force quit iTunes before I can use it.

Upgrading to iTunes 11.0.1 (12) didn't help. I'm using OSX 10.8.2 and all software is up to date. Any ideas?

Please don't tell me to disconnect the Airplay speakers before closing my MacBook Air. I've always left it connected and never had any problems before.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:02 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2013 6:50 AM in response to cjc_13595

I have the exact same problem. It happens when my late 2012 iMac wakes up and attempts to connect to any of my airplay speakers or AppleTV. This never happened on my old 2008 iMac but that computer was set to never sleep. My current one is set to sleep at night and then wake up at 6AM. I'll try changing the power settings to never sleep. Although I'd really like a better solution if anyone has one.

iTunes 11 crashes when waking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.