Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping video downloads in iTunes

I just purchased a season of a TV show - did this through iTunes on my iPad (ios 6.0.1). It automatically starts to download, only I don't want to download the whole season, and all the extraneous materials (behind the scenes, etc). Previously I would just pause the download and then swipe left to right to delete it. Apparently this does not work. I've tried everything, including searching support forums. This is nuts....why so difficult? Can anyone please help?

Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2013 11:47 AM in response to jencoll

I think I found a solution to this problem. Go into the Video app and tap on TV Shows and then tap on the icon for the show that is downloading. Next to each episode, there is a circle with a square in the middle of it. Tap the square next to each episode and it will disappear both from that list and and from the downloading queue in the iTunes app. When you want to download a particular episode, go back into the show in the Video season and tap on Show Complete Season. Now each episode has its own Download button.

Needless to say, it is insane that when you redeem a season purchase on the iPad, it insists on downloading the entire season.

Stopping video downloads in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.