Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARRIS TG862G/CT Modem Issue

I switched over to Xfinity Comcast and started using their ARRIS TG862G/CT modem. For the past 2 months I have had no problems. Than all of sudden last night I was having issues with my Apple Products. My comcast cable guy switched out two different modems. My PC works fine; it's limited to my macbooks and iPad 2. I can get my mabook to work connected using the Ethernet cable. Frustrating!!! Anyone know a possible solution?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad 2 wireless issue

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 10:44 PM

Hi Bevis,

Have you got solution for your problems? I've Xfinity Comcast, iPad2, and MacBook too and I'm currently using a cable modem with wireless router. I'm thinking about switching to an all-in-one modem/wireless router like ARRIS TG862G. Do you recommend that?

Thank you for the response in advance.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2013 10:44 PM in response to Bevis

Hi Bevis,

Have you got solution for your problems? I've Xfinity Comcast, iPad2, and MacBook too and I'm currently using a cable modem with wireless router. I'm thinking about switching to an all-in-one modem/wireless router like ARRIS TG862G. Do you recommend that?

Thank you for the response in advance.

Jun 13, 2013 7:29 AM in response to 88Mac

88Mac,

I did my own research online about this router and part of the reason why the Comcast sales guy switched out the routers. Comcast has reported a 3rd party problem with the ARRIS TG862G/CT. Further, their are issues related to the "gateway." I even called Arris company and they would not help me because the modem was issued by Comcast.

Okay, so I have spent all day trying to get through and get the help I needed. Comcast referred me over to Signature Support which is horrible and a money scam; and then finally realizing the ARRIS TG862G/CT modems have been reported with several issues and should not be issued!

I finally utilized the Comcast Gateway log-in at http://10.0.0.1 and changed the name and password for my wirless devices. After that I haven't had a single problem.....let's hope. So far since January it's been working fine. You might give that a try.

Aug 3, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Bevis

My late 2010 iMac would not work with my Arris TG862 for more than a minute before the connection died. It would still show connection to the wifi but everything would stall. I tried logging into the gateway and changing wifi channel along with other tricks people thought might work, but nothing did. I had the same problem when I booted Windows on it too. After much searching it seems that this was an unsolved issue -- Mac hardware sometimes does not get along with Arris gateway wifi. I ended up going around the problem. I logged into the Arris gateway and disabled the wifi, plugging in my $20 Rosewill router to one of the LAN slots on the gateway. It works great!

ARRIS TG862G/CT Modem Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.