Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic crashes any time I record enable. Also, it won't quit normally. I have force close the application any time I want to quit. What's wrong here?

From the moment I downloaded Logic it would not quit properly. It won't respond to cmd Q or going to the menu to quit the application. Then when I try to simply record enable a track, the whole thing bugs out and crashes, no matter how many times I restart, same result. This is not how $200 software should act. *** Apple?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:29 PM

This is an oddity that happens if you upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

Follow the instructions from here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3968

Don't delete any more than they say in the article.

This should help/fix your situation.

You're right, Apple's software should not behave this way... however, a little background.

Apple purchased this software at version 5.2 from another company, a highly respected company, it's coast at that time was $999.00, which is what I paid for it, it's professional software. Apple priced it at $499 for several years, when it moved to the app store it was reduced to $199, which is dirt cheap. It's all a matter of perspective.

p.s. These are user forums, no one from Apple will respond here, or so they say!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2013 5:29 PM in response to cayko

This is an oddity that happens if you upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

Follow the instructions from here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3968

Don't delete any more than they say in the article.

This should help/fix your situation.

You're right, Apple's software should not behave this way... however, a little background.

Apple purchased this software at version 5.2 from another company, a highly respected company, it's coast at that time was $999.00, which is what I paid for it, it's professional software. Apple priced it at $499 for several years, when it moved to the app store it was reduced to $199, which is dirt cheap. It's all a matter of perspective.

p.s. These are user forums, no one from Apple will respond here, or so they say!

Jan 26, 2013 6:05 PM in response to Pancenter

Pancenter, you are the reason I have hope for humanity. I have actually learned a bit about how logic used to be once Apple bought it from some German company(I think). I listened to one of my professors constantly complain about troubleshooting and how expensive the academic version was and that was just in 2009. Now it's a bit more user friendly and vastly cheaper. I was ranting out of frustration, and you calmed that frustration with wisdom. Thank you very much

Logic crashes any time I record enable. Also, it won't quit normally. I have force close the application any time I want to quit. What's wrong here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.