Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no import button for home share

I have two laptops. They are both authorized under the same Apple ID and are set up for home sharing. I can see both libraries on both computers, but can't copy (click and drag) songs from one library to the other. I also can't drag them to my phone. There is no import button either. HELP!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 4:12 PM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2013 10:56 PM in response to Lindsay92

From another thread

Sweejak

I've got it solved. I turned off Home Sharing on my main machine and then turned it back on and then both machines worked, Drag and Drop worked, the Import and Settings button reappeared.
I wonder why I needed to do that.

Also here is the TroubleShooting Article

Nov 14, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Steve Taylor1

That didn't work for me, but I found a solution for any other readers with my problem.

Make sure you are using HOME sharing, not "share my library."

To solve the problem, I had to go to iTunes Preferences->Sharing->Share my library on my local network (on all computers), and switch that off. Then I turned Home Sharing back on everywhere and it started working.

(Make sure you give the same iTunes account on all computers when turning on Home Sharing.)

no import button for home share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.