Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i update iphone 1

how can i update my iphone1

iphone1

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:02 PM

4 replies

Feb 2, 2013 10:33 AM in response to yanyicheng

Although your only method of updating your iDevice is using iTunes, Apple no longer provides OS updates to the iPhone1 - and hasn't for many years. I know this because I have and still actively use an iPhone 1, and I haven't been able to update it for years. The iPhone 1 is definitely a little slow at times, but it works, and it's paid for. The phone has been kept in an Incase silicone case since day 1, so it is still in physically good condition, and it still makes and receives calls, email, text messages, and the camera works reasonably well. The phone always gives me at least 3-4H of continuous use during the day, and it usually has most of it's battery charge left when I plug it in for a charge at the end of it's day - I think shallow discharge is a trick for getting long battery life. Although I am oh-so-due for a technology upgrade, and it sometimes bugs me that apps cannot work on this phone because of the "age" of the OS version is not compatible with the app, as long as the phone continues to function like it has been, I have more of a justification to wait for the iPhone 6 to come out as my next phone rather than getting a 5 anytime soon. Enjoy and appreciate the longevity of your archaic piece of technology, which has succeeded by surviving the test of time in actual daily service.

how can i update iphone 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.