Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I save iTunes to another drive?

Hi all,

I used to save iTunes to an external hard disk and recently I have upgraded my external hard disk. When I have installed my new hard disk, I have created a new disk drive for it. I tried to download iTunes again to save to my new hard disk but when I was downloading it was auto detected and tried to save it to my old hard disk drive (which no longer in use). How can I change the disk drive to reinstall the iTunes again either on my external hard disk or pc?

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 8:46 PM

2 replies

Jan 27, 2013 8:46 AM in response to poppygal

iTunes will only save and run off the internal drive.

That being said, the library and media can be on an external drive.

Where is the existing library? Was it moved from the old external drive to the new external drive?

If not, close iTunes.

Move the ENTIRE iTunes folder from the old drive to the new drive.

Hold SHIFT while launching iTunes and point it to the iTunes folder on the new drive.

Jan 27, 2013 7:07 PM in response to diesel vdub

Hi diesel,

I tried to move the iTunes from an external hard drive to my C drive. After transfering to C drive, it doesn't allow me to open. Keeps say invaild drive. I tried to troubleshooting by deleting away the whole iTunes and tried to reinstall but to my C or my new external drive. But it keep giving me a message invaild drive (which is my old external hard disk drive). Now I can't reinstall back the iTunes.

How can I save iTunes to another drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.