Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help! All Sounds in Classic are too slow now!

Something dreadful happened (wish I knew what) and now every sound that is played back by any Classic application is about 70% too slow.

No matter if it is a Classic game like Unreal (I), Deus Ex, AvP for OS9 (the OSX version works fine), or Quicktime 6, or any other given Classic application. The only sounds that appear normal are the Platinum system sounds.

I don't know which files affect Classic sound playback or where they are located. Can't imagine what could cause that particular problem.

Hope someone could help...

Many thanks in advance

M:A:

PowerMac G5 2x2 GHz Mac OS X (10.4.6) 1.5 GB RAM, standard sound card (TI-TAS3004)

PowerMac G5 2x2

PowerMac G5 2x2

Posted on May 9, 2006 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2006 1:40 PM

Not had a problem with Classic, but I had sound die for Age of Empires II, although other system sounds were okay.

Solution was to open and close Garage Band. Maybe that will work for you.
2 replies

May 19, 2006 3:43 AM in response to Tony Spencer 2

Sorry, didnt get an email notification, so I just checked the thread.

Starting and quitting Garage Band actually helped!

(Imagine listening to the meaningful dialogues in "Deus Ex" spoken with Sesame Street's Cookie Monster voice. Aaaaannnd reeealllly sllloowwww. Doesn't quite capture the mood...)

Do you have an explanation why Garage Band should affect Classic sound output?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Please Help! All Sounds in Classic are too slow now!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.