Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11 Starts Automatically on Headphone Jack

Hello. I have been reading the forums and it appears that there has never been a conclusive resolution to the problem I am facing for all versions of Itunes available since purchase of my Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13" Laptop.

Description of Problem

Itunes autostarts on any twisting of the input jack of any and all sets of headphones (microphone combo, or audio out only) plugged into the computer. Additionally, any unplugging, replugging, slight brushing up against, or any activity that would produce any feedback in the jack at all, produces this undesired effect.

Attempted Solutions

I have tried various methods of removing this unwanted behavior from itunes to no avail. Please note Itunes is the only software that produces this unwanted effect.

1. Unclick any syncing features, download features, accessibility features etc., in itunes that would produce this undesired effect.

2. Double and triple check all ancillary programs running that would have an adverse effect on the functionality of itunes. None present.

3. Delete all .plist files and reboot. No change.

4. Delete ituneshelper. No change.

Conclusion

I have contemplated deleting itunes all together as this error is so annoying, being that I use my computer for music creation. The only reason I have not removed itunes all together is stability of system issues, and iphone updates. At this point it is very frustrating to me that this bug has not been addressed by any actual apple developer directly. The combined support of these communities is very much appreciated, however, as there has been no confirmed solution posted a direct response from an apple support agent would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andy

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 2:38 AM

If you want a response from Apple then please use the feedback link as Apple are not here

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

2 replies

Itunes 11 Starts Automatically on Headphone Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.