Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not delete ICloud email drafts after sending

I can not delete email drafts that showup after sending an email via icloud. Any suggestions?

ICloud-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 2:17 AM

Hi Joeuscg,

I've had this problem before, and there is a way to fix it!

Mac computer

On a Mac, go to Mail and open Preferences. Go to the 'Accounts' tab and select your iCloud account. Under 'Mailbox Behaviours' you will see a box marked 'Store draft messages on the server'. You need to make sure it is unchecked.

iOS device

On an iOS device, go to settings and go to the iCloud section. Then, tap 'Account' at the top of the page, and scroll down and tap 'Mail' under 'Advanced'. Scroll down again and tap 'Advanced'. Finally, tap 'Drafts Mailbox' and make sure 'Drafts' under 'On My iPad/iPhone/iPod' is selected.

Essentially, the problem is that Mail is saving drafts of your messages to the server as you write them. The problem occurs when you send the message, and Mail then redownloads the draft from the server. By disabling saving drafts to the server, you are stopping this conflict from occuring.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2013 2:17 AM in response to Joeuscg

Hi Joeuscg,

I've had this problem before, and there is a way to fix it!

Mac computer

On a Mac, go to Mail and open Preferences. Go to the 'Accounts' tab and select your iCloud account. Under 'Mailbox Behaviours' you will see a box marked 'Store draft messages on the server'. You need to make sure it is unchecked.

iOS device

On an iOS device, go to settings and go to the iCloud section. Then, tap 'Account' at the top of the page, and scroll down and tap 'Mail' under 'Advanced'. Scroll down again and tap 'Advanced'. Finally, tap 'Drafts Mailbox' and make sure 'Drafts' under 'On My iPad/iPhone/iPod' is selected.

Essentially, the problem is that Mail is saving drafts of your messages to the server as you write them. The problem occurs when you send the message, and Mail then redownloads the draft from the server. By disabling saving drafts to the server, you are stopping this conflict from occuring.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Can not delete ICloud email drafts after sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.