Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending a (legit) bulk email using CSV or VCF

hi all.

i am having a devil of a time on a deadline and am hoping for some advice. i am happy to buy some software if it will assist me in this process.

i am trying to send a bulk email announcement to a "double opt-in" newlsetter for my business. i am using a service that will not let me simply upload all the email addresses so i am expecting to do this in an email client.

does anyone know of an easy way to do this with CSV or VCF. I mean, is there some way to extract these emails with semicolons between them so i can past them into an email client in the BCC section? can i copy a whole column including email addresses and paste this into an email client somehow? is there another way??

i am aware of sending limits for most hosts and this is not spam.

TIA for any help

background 1: one problem is that i am not having an luck getting my database CardScan to let me select all my email addresses that i want to send a mail to. i /have/ tested this in the past and it was really convenient as it simply autopopulated my TO section of an email and i could cut and paste this into a BCC section. but right now when i try to do this i get errors when selecting for example 25 email that says that one of these is not a good email address. if i select each one /individually/ they all work though...

background 2: i /was/ on mac mail but i just switched to sparrow b/c Mail is apparently sending processes to my new website host. i can go back to Mail temporarily to get this set of emails out.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), with 64 bit Win7 Boot Camp | iCloud

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:16 AM

2 replies

Sending a (legit) bulk email using CSV or VCF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.