Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Quicktime from stopping recording when it believes the signal is lost?

I'm trying to digitize old VHS home videos through Quicktime (latest version). But when the tracking goes a bit awry, Quicktime stops recording telling me "RECORDING STOPPED, TRY RECORDING AGAIN."

This is not true. It's just an instance of a bad part of the tape. It took me 13 days just to record one 6 hour tape because I had to start a new recording every few moments. I had hundreds of files!

How do I stop Quicktime from ending a video recording when it believes the signal is lost? Is there a way of turning this 'feature' off? If not, does Apple have a software that will do what I'm asking? Final Cut Pro X or something else?

Thank you!

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 8:01 AM

2 replies

May 13, 2013 9:15 PM in response to R. Yannetta

Did you find a resolution? I am trying to record some OLD VHS-C tapes.. I have the VCR connected to a DV camera and then firewire to the mac. the 1st tape was fine but the second tape stops recording with the same error when it gets a bad spot in the tape. any way to resolve this? is there a diferent program I can use? I dont want to use imovie as I use final cut pro X (which wont captuire the video). any ideas would be appreciated ...

How do I stop Quicktime from stopping recording when it believes the signal is lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.