Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not sync a particular album to my iPad

This may be a kind of newbie question, but I cannot figure out why one of my Madonna albums (Hard Candy) won't transfer to my iPad. The same album syncs to my iPhone successfully.

The iPad has 10 GB of free space. I verified that it is configured to sync "Entire Library". When I open iTunes and connect the iPad, I can browse to the "On this iPad" screen and see the missing album, but it is greyed out.

User uploaded file

What is this greyed out stuff about? I've tried rebooting my PC and also the iPad, but the missing tracks never sync up. Maybe my iPad is trying to tell me something 🙂

I have 3 Madonna albums in iTunes on my PC. The iPad Music app says I have 4 albums for this artist, which is wrong. Still, when I browse the Madonna albums in the iPad it shows only 2 of them, and not Hard Candy.

Please, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

CHeers,

Jeff

iPad, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 2:06 PM

I fixed the problem myself. By wiping all the iPad content and doing a fresh resync, this got all my music back including the songs which were not syncing before.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings

Upon reconnecting to iTunes, I was prompted with the option to restore from the last backup. I selected my latest iPad backup, and then let the restore complete. Resync'd apps and music as well. Bingo!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2013 2:06 PM in response to grungymegajeff

I fixed the problem myself. By wiping all the iPad content and doing a fresh resync, this got all my music back including the songs which were not syncing before.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings

Upon reconnecting to iTunes, I was prompted with the option to restore from the last backup. I selected my latest iPad backup, and then let the restore complete. Resync'd apps and music as well. Bingo!

iTunes will not sync a particular album to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.