Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message: "The media can’t be used because you don’t have access privileges, or because it has no content or is corrupt."

I get the error message "The media can’t be used because you don’t have access privileges, or because it has no content or is corrupt." when I drag photos (or copy and paste photos) from iPhoto to Pages/Word.

It never used to do this and is really quite annoying, as I now have to find the file through finder to drag from there.

I had to rebuild the iPhoto library a few days ago, is it something to do with this?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 9:44 AM

11 replies

Jan 27, 2013 10:20 AM in response to zmarie91

Try this: Try the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

2 - run option #1.

3 - try dragging the photo from iPhoto into your Word or Pages document again.

Read this user tip by Terence Devlin, How to Access Files in iPhoto, for a detailed discussion on accessing photos in iPhoto for use outside of iPhoto.

OT

Jan 27, 2013 12:51 PM in response to zmarie91

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

Feb 22, 2013 12:13 PM in response to computerkathryn

I got exactly the same message - I was able to copy a photo from iPhoto and paste it into Pages a few days ago- today in exactly the same document it doesn't work. But....if you take your photo and copy it into the body of a mail message - you can copy that copy and plunk it into Pages - don't know why, but it works....... Perhaps if I copy the files I need back onto my scandisk I can copy directly from the disk - haven't tried that yet.

B.

Error message: "The media can’t be used because you don’t have access privileges, or because it has no content or is corrupt."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.