Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac stopped ejecting dcd/dvds after I installed ML.

Why did my iMac(4GB, 320GB HD, ML stop ejecting dcd/dvds after I installed ML. The only way I can eject them is to force eject, not of the "normal" means of ejection work.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 10:10 AM

13 replies

Jan 27, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Eric Root

The problem does't seem to be with a stuck CD/DVD. I can get them our by using Foce Eject . I hgave had to use restart acouple of times but that is not the norm. This proberlm sidn't start until after I upgraded to ML. Do you think I should clean istsall ML and try that? I had a stuck CD/DVD tissue under Lion and now it has chabged to this.

Jan 27, 2013 4:41 PM in response to charlesfromcorrales

If I understand you correctly, this problem started when you were using Lion (10.7)?

If that is true, my best guess is it may be a Superdrive problem.

You can try running this Apple Hardware Test, but it can miss things or report false results:

Use Apple Hardware Test

If your computer is still under warranty, you might consider visiting the Genius Bar at an Apple store, if that is a possibility, if the problem doesn't get resolved.

Do you have access to another computer where you can see if the DVDs giving you problems eject properly?

Jan 27, 2013 5:13 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric

My computer is way off warranty. I have a system software disc that I made from the download from the Apple Store and I also have the installer on my external Hd. I one of those will work let me know and I will give the Hardware Test a Shot. From past experience I suspect the Superdrive is going away and I have odered an external Superdrive to solve the problem... It should be here now, infact I think it is in the PO at this time, at least the tracking said so.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2013 10:25 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric

I suppose that is all part of the planned demise of some things huh? I see the new iMacs don't even have an internal superdrive, among other things. Kinda glasd I purchsed the external one, hope it lasts longer than three years!, just in case I need to get a new 'puter. I probably shouldn't have started with computers when I was so old but now it's hard to pur them away. I did my mastgers theses on an early Apple, I think it was called a Classic or something. Had to pur in a 64 mb disk to run the thiong if I remember rightly. Got my theses done anyway, then I sold it and got fomwthing al little bigger and here I am on a three old iMac. Come a long way since nintenn eighty someting .

Thanks againf for your help, it was appreciated muchly.

c

iMac stopped ejecting dcd/dvds after I installed ML.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.