Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SmoothCam

I am gettimng "tearing" on verticals in a clip treated with Smooth Cam when I create QT movie (H264). Where SmoothCam hasn't been used i don't have the problem. The tearing is only evident on the exported QT file, not in the FCP canvas so unsure where exactly the problem lies. Any help gratefully received. Thanks, Peter

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 1:41 PM

In FCP, set the canvas scale to 100% and look at the scene you have applied smoothcam to. Do you see the same thing as the exported QuickTime?

User uploaded file

Click on a source clip in the FCP Browser, and once selected type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties, or take a screen shot of the properties and post that here.

Next. click anywhere on your sequence timeline, and then type Command + 0 {zero} to see the Sequence Settings. Either report those settings here or take a screen shot and post that screen shot here.

MtD

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2013 1:41 PM in response to PeterSpence1

In FCP, set the canvas scale to 100% and look at the scene you have applied smoothcam to. Do you see the same thing as the exported QuickTime?

User uploaded file

Click on a source clip in the FCP Browser, and once selected type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties, or take a screen shot of the properties and post that here.

Next. click anywhere on your sequence timeline, and then type Command + 0 {zero} to see the Sequence Settings. Either report those settings here or take a screen shot and post that screen shot here.

MtD

Feb 2, 2013 8:47 AM in response to PeterSpence1

Peter,

I went thru all this last summer. There is a bug in FCP7 re: SmoothCam which Apple will not address since they've moved on FCPX. I had 19 scenes in a 20 minute video with camera hitches. Lock and Load fixed all of them flawlessly. IMO, it was well-worth the money. You can download the trial version and test it free of charge. You'll get a watermark but it goes away when you pay.

http://www.lockandloadx.com/

Phil

SmoothCam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.