Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s battery seems shot. What can I do?

I'm not entirely sure when it got so much worse but my iPhone 4s (which is now about 18months old) will run out of charge after around 6-8 hours. This is not with heavy use - maybe some email checking, text messages, a call here and there. Sometimes I have to make an early detour home to charge before going to the gym. I'm assuming the battery needs replacing and wonder if an Apple Store would accept that and maybe swapping the phone or whether I'd likely be without it for sometime? I'm also assuming it's out of warranty. I don't want to pay the cost for an early upgrade at what is likely mid-way product cycle.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 3:09 PM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2013 4:34 PM in response to michael.amherst

If you take it to an Apple store they can test the battery. If it is defective they will replace just the battery for $79. But it may not be the battery; it may be an app that is draining it fast. Usually a failed battery has a different symptom - the phone will shut off when the battery life still appears to be good (such as 20% or greater).

My iPhone 4s battery seems shot. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.