Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook not synching with iCal properly

Could use some help with this one. I've got iCal synching properly with Google Calendar and I've got Outlook setup to sync (via Sync Services) with iCal but the data never comes across into Outlook. I've checked and rechecked the sync services setup in Outlook and it looks fine. Any idea why it isn't able to pull the data from iCal? Thanks for any ideas.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 2:27 PM

10 replies

Feb 6, 2013 11:05 AM in response to GreatGeek

So NO ONE has ANY IDEA on this?? This is crazy. Does this sync just not work from Outlook to iCal? Do I need to bring this up on the Microsoft forums to get more feedback? I've got to have a solution to this ASAP. User uploaded file

This is what I have but it is NOT synching. Ideas? Snide remarks? Do I need to use iSync or iTunes specifically to make this actually sync? I thought "sync services" meant it was a program that actually synched?

Feb 6, 2013 12:10 PM in response to GreatGeek

My way around this was to add an Exchange account to iCal. So now I get my calendar in both places. The only thing that ***** about that is invites. I get double invites. But as I stated in an earlier post, I'm using BusySync to push my Exchange calendar to my google account. So I just ignor the Exchange account when I'm in iCal and just look at the sync'd Gmail calendar. That was my way around it. Also, I've tried this on both Snow Leopard AND Lion. So it's not just a mountain lion thing. Funny thing happened after all this messing around. I shut my system down and rebooted everything. The next time i opened iCal my sync'd outlook calendar was working again.

I'm pretty sure it was the microsoft update that did it. But apparently a reboot did something. You might have better luck posting this on a Microsoft forum. Or you can give my BusySync solution a try... Good Luck!

Outlook not synching with iCal properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.