Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding files in FCP 6

I am using Final Cut Pro and was using a Mac Book Pro with external Lacie HDs... Some film friends came to vist and said that I REALLY need to back up everything just incase something would happen... so I did a time machine back up.. Then went back a week later to do some editing and when I opened up the project it said media off line.. so tried to reconnect media and couldnt find it.. after LOTS of searching I could finally find the files but were shaded and you knew they were there just not in bold so you cant open them... EXTREMELY frustrating... so went back to TIme Machine to go back to that days date and to open everything that was backed up... still no luck...even went back to the dates previous to the back up and no luck.. I have one project in particular that I would REALLY love to finish as ive got about 60 hours of time into and recpapturing the media would be almost impossible if not impossible.

Strange that EVERY project that I had is now media offline and cannot be pulled up... Any suggestions???

Final Cut Pro 6, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 3:54 PM

2 replies

Jan 27, 2013 4:48 PM in response to rexnc

Were these files on the external hard drive?

Is that external drive connected to your Mac and mounted? If so, you should be able to see what's there just by inspection.

With Time Machine, the default is to not back up external drives, which is easily changed in the Time Machine Preferences with one click for each external drive you want to include in the back ups, but you have to do it.

Finding files in FCP 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.